Architectural technologists and technicians
National Occupation Code (NOC): 2251
Architectural technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical assistance to professional architects and civil design engineers in conducting research, preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts and in supervising construction projects. Architectural technologists and technicians are employed by architectural and construction firms, and governments.
Job Duties for Architectural technologists and technicians
- Assist in the development of architectural designs
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Prepare manual and CAD (computer-assisted design) drawings, specifications, cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings and instructions
- Construct architectural and display models, and 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
- Prepare contract and bidding documents
- May supervise drafters, technicians and technologists on the architectural team
- May supervise construction projects and co-ordinate, monitor and inspect work done by others.
Working Conditions for Architectural technologists and technicians
Work is usually performed in an office environment.
Alternate Job Titles
- Architectural Assistant
- Architectural Design Technician
- Architectural Design Technologist
- Architectural Technician
- Architectural Technologist
- Registered Building Technician
- Registered Building Technologist
- Residential Buildings Technologist