Information systems testing technicians
National Occupation Code (NOC): 2283
Information systems testing technicians execute test plans to evaluate the performance of software applications and information and telecommunications systems. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
Job Duties for Information systems testing technicians
- Develop and document software testing plans
- Install software and hardware and configure operating system software in preparation for testing
- Execute, analyze and document results of software application tests and information and telecommunication systems tests
- Develop and implement software and information system testing policies, procedures and scripts
- Identify, report, track and propose solutions to product defects.
Working Conditions for Information systems testing technicians
Work takes place in computer labs, where breaks are necessary to prevent wrist and eye strain from continuous keyboard and screen use.
Alternate Job Titles
- Application Tester
- Application Testing Technician
- Software Test Co-ordinator
- Software Tester
- Software Testing Technician
- Systems Tester
- Systems Testing Technician
- Test Coordination Analyst
- User Acceptance Tester
- Video Game Tester
- Quality Assurance Tester